Monday, June 21, 2010
I know we had discussed doing salads at our next recipe group in June, and (ahem) June is almost over. is anyone interested in doing it next month?
- 8 ounces frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 8 large strawberries, hulled and finely diced
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese, whipped
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
1. In a small bowl add 1/2 cup of sugar and the salt. Stir to combine and pour about half of it evenly onto a work surface. With your hands, press the dough into the sugar and roll out into a flat disk, about 1/2-inch thick. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 of the sugar evenly over the top of the dough and press it a few times to adhere. With a rolling pin, roll the dough into a thickness of about 1/8-inch, turning and flipping as you roll to incorporate the sugar into the dough and to keep it from sticking to the surface. With a 3-inch round cutter, cut out 12 dough rounds and arrange them on the lined baking sheet. Transfer to the oven and bake until crisp and golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool the crisp rounds completely on the pan.
2. Meanwhile, pour the balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan and bring it to a simmer over medium-high heat. Simmer until thick and syrupy, about 4 minutes; it should still swirl in the pan. If too thick, simply add about a teaspoon of balsamic, stir, and remove from the heat.
3. Put the strawberries in a small bowl and sprinkle them with 1 tablespoon of sugar. Let them stand until juicy, 5 to 10 minutes.
4. To assemble the tarts, spread about 2 teaspoons mascarpone on each crisp dough round with a spoon or small offset spatula. Using a spoon to drain any excess liquid, put about 1 tablespoon of diced strawberries on the top of each tart. Drizzle a little balsamic syrup over the tarts and serve immediately.
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups oatmeal
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. soda
- ½ t. vanilla
- 2 cups peanut butter
Directions:Cream together butter, sugars and eggs together in a mixing bowl. add remaining ingredients except the 1 cup of peanut butter. Grease a large cookie sheet and dump mixture into pan. Spread evenly. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. While still warm, spread the remaining cup of peanut butter over the top. Once cooled frost with chocolate frosting.
- 1 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c. sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 c. butter, melted
- 2 T. water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (16 oz) can chocolate syrup
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 1/4 c. butter, melted
- 2 tbs milk
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 drops green food coloring
- 3/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbs butter
preheat oven to 350*
1. prepare bottom/brownie layer: combine flour and salt. stir with a whisk.
2. in another bowl: combine sugar, 1/4 c. melted butter, water, vanilla, eggs, and chocolate syrup. stir until smooth. add flour mixture, stirring until well blended (batter will be very thin). pour into 13 x 9 greased baking dish. Bake for 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few crumbs. cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
(NOTE: I used a brownie box mix for bottom layer)
3. prepare mint layer: combine powder sugar, 1/4 c. melted butter, milk, peppermint extract and food coloring in a medium bowl. beat with mixer until smooth. spread over cooled cake.
4. prepare glaze: combine chocolate chips and 3 tbs butter in medium microwave-safe bowl. microwave on HIGH for 1 minute or until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. once melted, let stand for 2 minutes. spread glaze evenly over mint layer. cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. cut into 20 squares.
- 2 T. butter
- 6 oz chocolate chips
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 c. chopped walnuts
- 3 cups colored miniature marshmallows
- powdered sugar for dusty
1. Melt 2 T. Butter with 6 oz of choc. chips. then add egg.
2. Add chopped walnuts and colored miniature marshmallows to melted chocolate and stir until covered.
3. Divide into 2 and pour onto powdered sugar on wax paper. Roll up wax paper into 8 inch logs and place in freezer. Cut into slices and serve immediately
- 1 c. flour
- 1 stick (1/2 c) butter or margarine, plus 2 tbs (divided)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- c. water
- 4 eggs
- 2 pkgs (3 oz) instant french vanilla or vanilla pudding
- 1 (8 oz) cream cheese (softened)
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 3 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. powder sugar
- 3-4 tbs milk